1. Can a new dog learn old tricks?
After taking on this challenge I was able to realize that learning is always possible if we are consistent and look into what drives us. In the end the drive matters more than the objective and the goal.
2. What is the best way of learning how to play this song? (Youtube, Mr. Diaz our music teacher)
For me I came to realization that just as my students the best way to learn this song was through youtube. I realize that not all youtube channels are created equally and part of the learning is to investigate which videos give you the most bang for your buck.
3. Can I actually accomplish this in 5 weeks?
I know if I would of been more constant, week 3 really challenged me, I would of been able to master this song more than I did. Having said that I was happy to report I felt that I actually learned the song!!
4. How much time do I need to put into every week in order to do this and be successful?
I realize that it wasn't about the time but about the consistency. The more I practice, even if I only practiced some time that would help me advance in my learning.
5. Can I get some of my students to help me since I know some are very muscially inclined?
Unfortunately this question was never answered because we were out for the summer but I hope to continue to answer this question during the year.
6. What will be different this time around?, since this I have tried to this in the past and I have't been successful.
The difference is that I took a song that I loved instead of going into a book to learn songs that I didn't love to care about.
7. Do I need to spend any money or do I have everything to start?
I didn't have to spend any money, I had all my equipment.
8. Can I learn this song through Rocksmith?
Since I went acoustic I couldn't learn this with Rocksmith but I think as I progress I can start using this program.